The Chinese Community Center is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
For questions contact: Marta Ramos | Human Resources Specialist | email@example.com
Assistant Coordinator for Workforce Development
Chinese Community Center
CCC’s address is 9800 Town Park Dr., Houston, TX 77036. CCC is located in Southwest Houston near Sharpstown and Alief.
To bridge East and West by enriching families with educational, cultural, and social service programs
Title of Internship
Assistant Coordinator for Workforce Development
The Assistant Coordinator for Workforce Development will support CCC’s Workforce Development program, which is focused on helping adults from low- to moderate-income households gain job skills, financial knowledge, and a foundational education so they can succeed in a competitive workforce and achieve financial stability.
- Engage clients to assess their unmet needs and connect them to services that can help them.
- Conduct market research and job opportunities to support the goals of the Workforce Development program.
- Assist with outreach efforts by creating marketing tools to raise awareness of CCC’s services.
- Provide assistance with organizing CCC’s community fair, an annual event that helps raise awareness of community resources and supports economic growth in the Sharpstown/Alief area.
- Track and maintain client-service data using multiple databases.
- Engage in interdepartmental collaboration— including working with CCC’s Language School program, Youth program, and Housing program—to streamline program needs and impact.
The Assistant Coordinator will also create a focus project related to continuous quality improvement (CQI), which is the process by which aspects of the program are evaluated based on data and then modified to maximize quality, impact, and efficiency. The Assistant Coordinator will be able to develop a project that appeals to her/his interests.
Working hours are 35 hours per week, Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Eight (8) consecutive weeks
Internship must complete between: June 1st – August 31st
The Assistant Coordinator will impact the lives of unemployed and underemployed adults by connecting them to employment opportunities and services that will help them achieve career and financial success. The Assistant Coordinator will be an invaluable source of support for the Workforce Development team, which provides services to more than 2,000 people from diverse backgrounds each year.
Student Qualities/Experiences Desired/Qualifications and Requirements
- S/he will be proactive, detail-oriented, and practical and have strong project management, interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- S/he will be engaging and motivating with individuals; flexible, adaptive, and positive in a fast-paced environment; and willing to learn new skills and techniques to promote program and agency quality and efficiency.
- S/he will possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Chinese language proficiency is a plus but is not required.
Learning Objectives/Educational Benefits
The Assistant Coordinator will gain experience in several areas critical to running a successful nonprofit program, including relationship building, teamwork, communication, engagement with clients and community partners, outreach, event planning, volunteer coordination, database management, and program evaluation.
The Assistant Coordinator will also gain a greater understanding of the complex challenges that many clients must overcome to achieve success, such as poverty, debt, poor credit, limited English proficiency, immigration status, a lack of an American education, and a lack of in-demand job skills.
Program Intern Requirements
- Be a currently enrolled, undergraduate student who will be returning to college as a full-time (12 credit hours) sophomore, junior, or senior in the fall of 2017.
- Not related to any employee or permanent contractor for Shell or Volunteer Houston
- Not related to any employee or board member of the Chinese Community Center
- Student has never served as a Shell intern for the Chinese Community Center
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and résumé to Kimberly Tang, Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 31st at 5 p.m.
Job Title: Teacher
Department: Early Learning Center
Reports to: Department Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Classification: Full Time/Part Time
The Early Learning Center Teacher is responsible for providing a developmentally appropriate education under the direction of the Director in a manner that contributes to the growth and development of children and families.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Chinese School Chinese Language and Computer Teachers
徴聘有授課經驗的電腦教師，精通微軟 office 以及各種電腦數位操作。
咨詢電話：（713）271-6100 分機 163， 履歷表e-mail：email@example.com